Dog walking gloves come in handy when winter kicks in. You need to buy quality gloves that are designed for harsh outdoor weather. As such, the gloves you choose need to be waterproof, warm, and breathable and have a firm grip.
Again, the gloves should allow you to handle the dog leash and adjust any of the dog’s gear with ease. If you pick gloves that you have to remove every time you need to adjust the dog sun protection jacket, then those gloves are not ideal.
Mountain Made Outdoor Gloves
It would be challenging to control your dog on a leash when your fingers are numb from cold. You would actually find it hard maintaining a firm grip on the leash. Below are some of the top gloves for dog walking:
1. Mountain Made Outdoor Gloves
If you need rugged gloves for walking your dogs, these might be a good choice. They are designed to meet the needs of all sizes and let you do all activities including dog walking. It is a glove that gives a great balance between warmth and performance. It is made up of 88 percent polyester, 6 percent PVC Rubber and 6 percent Spandex.
- Stretches making it easy for you to carry out activities
- Rugged construction to last long
- Waterproof to withstand rain
- Great grip
Not ideal for very cold temperatures
2. GearTop Thermal Gloves
These gloves are designed with the right amount of warmth, breathability and snug to keep you comfortable. They stretch to keep you comfortable and are quick drying to ensure you stay dry, warm and comfortable. They are touchscreen compatible so you do not have to remove them when using your smartphone.
- Snug fit
- Warm for cool temperatures
- Not ideal for very cold temperatures
3. Heritage Performance Glove
This glove is designed rugged to withstand harsh environmental conditions. 58 percent of the glove is leather, 40 percent nylon spandex and 2 percent PVC. The leather material enhances grip when you are holding the leash or rein. It also a double stitching that enhances the gloves construction and overall durability. Spandex is the stretchable material that allows easy movement. Lastly, it has an adjustable strap that lets you secure it tightly on your wrist. When shopping, you can choose from a selection of 15 designs and colors to meet your needs. The gloves look trendy and can last through years of use.
If you need rugged glove to withstand harsh environment, this might be a good choice. They are breathable and great looking.
- Allows easy movement so you can use it anywhere
- Great grip
- Double stitching for durability
- Flexible cuff with a strap that can be adjusted
- They are not suitable for extremely cold weather
4. Heritage Extreme Winter Gloves
These are all-black gloves designed for very cold winter outdoor dog walking. They are fine textured to ensure you get a firm grip on the dog leash. Each piece is designed waterproof with up to four layers of protection including a fleece liner and 70-g insulation. They are great when you are walking along a trail where you have to wade of wind, water and cold. The gloves are available in 109 sizes making them ideal for both men and women.
- Waterproof with four layers of protection
- 10 sizes to choose from
- Touchscreen sensitive and comes with strong grip features
- Snug fit with an insulation trap
- Only one color is available
5. TrailHeads Running Gloves
These gloves are designed for functionality more than for protection from cold. While they will allow you to carry out all activities that involve motor skills, they are not so protective against sub-zero temperatures. They sport a lightweight fabric which is a blend of nylon, polyester and spandex. The spandex makes the glove to stretch when you are using your hands and also makes them breathable top keep you dry and comfortable at all times. The gloves are touchscreen sensitive so you do not have to remove them when using your phone.
The gloves are fitted with contrast mesh insets to keep your dry even after you warm up after a long walk. Lastly, the gloves’ four-stretch ensures that you work with ease.
- Stretches four ways to make it easier for you to do different activities
- Contrast mesh makes the gloves breathable
- Touchscreen sensitive
- Great quality to last long
- Not ideal in very cold temperatures
6. Trim Fit Life Neoprene Gloves
These gloves are designed for ease of use especially if you have to keep adjusting your dog’s leash or rein or cooling jacket. Its seams are perfectly sewn with nylon thread and each is reinforced for extra durability. The units have awesome fingertip precision that allows dual scrolling for active people. The gloves sport a lightweight material that is ultra-comfortable especially when you are doing different activities. Each pair is designed with a spandex material that is waterproof and breathable. The breathability of the gloves is enhanced by the moisture transport system; this system wicks away moisture to keep you comfortable.
- Comfortable when doing different tasks
- Wicks away sweat
- Not ideal for sub-zero temperatures
7. Ironclad Tundra Cold Condition Gloves
These gloves are designed for very cold weather, especially if you live in icy conditions. If you are constantly dealing with ice along your trail, you might need these gloves. The outer shell is made of ArmorFlex material which is tough to withstand any weather condition. There is a synthetic leather material on the glove’s palm enhances grip.
The knuckles of these gloves are reinforced with a strong DuPont Kevlar for protection. They offer great hand and finger protection for people living in the arctic. While the gloves are great when used in the rain, they are not completely waterproof.
- CryoFlex technology ensures that the gloves can be used in sub-zero temperatures
- ArmoFlex material keeps the gloves highly durable
- Synthetic leather material enhances grip
- Knuckles are reinforced for added protection
- Sports an elastic cuff with secure clasps
- Gloves not completely waterproof
- Thick construction makes them not ideal for jobs that require motor skills
8. Sealskinz All-Weather Cycle XP Gloves
These gloves were designed for outdoor activities especially during the wet season. They are made from a waterproof and breathable material with a great grip. You can choose from five sizes to ensure you get a snug fit. Even better, they are adjustable at the wrist to ensure they do not slip and fall when you are walking your dog. They are also touchscreen sensitive so you do not have to take them off when operating your phone. They are available in Black, High-vis-Yellow/black and Black/Red. The palm is highly textured to maintain a firm grip.
- Designed for all weather conditions
- Breathable to keep your hands dry in all weather
- You can choose from 5 sizes
- Adjustable for a snug fit
- Glove sizing runs small
9. ReflecToes Fluorescent Reflective Gloves
True to their name, they gloves use your hands’ motion to capture the attention of motorist and other people road or trail users and identify you as a walker. The gloves use fluorescent yellow for extra visibility when you are walking your dog at night. The gloves are also designed water, wind and cold proof to keep your hands protected when you walk in the cold of winter. They are also breathable to keep your hands dry at all times even when you sweat.
- Reflective fluorescent strip makes you visible to motorists at night
- They are waterproof and can easily be used in the rain
- Rugged construction makes them last longer
- The gloves are very flexible making them ideal for activities that require your motor skills
- They are very warm
- The gloves are relatively bulky
- They are hard to dry; takes a long time to dry
10. HighLoong Compression Lightweight Gloves
This is a great outdoor glove for those in need of full palm and hand protection. Originally, these gloves were designed for motorcycle riders giving them a rugged construction that survives any weather. On the palm side, the gloves are made of anti-skid PU material to offer maximum grip. At the wrist, there is a nylon webbing to make the gloves adjustable and a microfiber material for durability. Around the knuckles, the gloves have thickened mats for protection, spandex to enhance flexibility, and vents for breathability. With these gloves on, you are able to use your fingers just like you didn’t have them on.
- Anti-skid material enhances grip
- Thickened mats protects the user
- Warm and breathable
- The sizing of the gloves is off, they do not fit well
A good clove should feel comfortable when you are holding the leash and when you are doing any other activities. It should be warm enough to protect you from cold temperatures and breathable enough to keep you cool and dry when you sweat. Again, it should sport a durable construction.
Lastly ensure that the gloves are waterproof just in case you have to use them in the rain.